Gone are the days of hitting up Taco Tuesday at your local Mexican restaurant to split a pitcher of margaritas with your best friends. Why wait for a table to enjoy a delicious cocktail when you can craft the perfect agave margarita recipe at home?
With the right tips, ingredients, and friends to share the splendor, you can concoct your own pitcher of margaritas recipe and have a tequila party without leaving your kitchen.
What’s the Secret to a Good Margarita?
A classic margarita recipe consists of three standard ingredients:
- Lime juice
However, there are various tips to consider if you want to make the perfect margarita. Consider the following:
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice. The quality of freshly squeezed lime juice is unmatched. This will make a huge difference in your margaritas.
- Margaritas are shaken, not stirred. By shaking your margarita, you can chill and blend the drink to its ideal frothy appearance and consistency.
- Add a splash of orange juice. Freshly squeezed orange juice can add another hint of citrus flavor to your concoction.
- Don’t pass up the agave nectar. Agave nectar is a bit sweeter than sugar and less bitter than artificial sweeteners. It makes the perfect in-between option for your margaritas.
- Add a salted or sugared rim. What’s a margarita without a rim? Salt goes perfect with a traditional margarita, but some people prefer sugar for a hint of sweetness. If you’re making a spicy margarita, you can even add a chili spice rim for an extra kick.
- If the margarita’s too strong, dilute it. If you mix your margarita and find that it’s entirely too boozy, place it back in the shaker with ice. Additional ice will dilute down your drink and make it more mellow.
Remember: A good margarita doesn’t have to follow the traditional lime flavor profile. Strawberry, Jalapeno, Raspberry, Apple, Blood Orange, and Watermelon all make delicious options.
How To Mix The Perfect Agave Margarita Recipe in a Pitcher
Large batch cocktails are fun, simple to make, and save you time and effort that you can dedicate to hanging out with your loved ones. Here are a few agave margarita recipes to try for your next night in with friends:
1. Perfect Margarita Pitcher Recipe
This agave margarita recipe for pitchers by The Cookie Rookie makes 13 4-ounce servings. Remember, margaritas should be shaken, not stirred - so this recipe will need a shaker when you’re ready to serve the drinks.
- 1½ cups Cointreau
- 1½ cups freshly squeezed lime juice
- 3 cups Reposado Tequila
- ½ cup Agave syrup
- 12 cups Ice
First, grab a two-quart pitcher. Pour all of the margarita ingredients into the pitcher, excluding the ice. Place into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
Once you and your friends are ready for a drink, prepare the glasses with a salt or sugar rim. Fill each glass with ice and set it aside.
Place a handful of ice cubes in a cocktail shaker and add 4 ounces of the margarita mixture. Cover and shake for about 15 seconds, then pour into the prepared glass. Repeat for all friends.
You can also turn this into a frozen agave margarita recipe by adding all ingredients to a blender. Make this style of margaritas for friends and family in the summer!
2. Flighty Premium Mixers Agave Margarita
Looking for a convenient way to make the perfect margarita without jeopardizing the ingredients? Our Agave Margarita Mixer is a certified organic option that has everything you need to craft the ideal pitcher of margaritas recipe, excluding the tequila.
- 1 4-pack Flighty Premium Mixers Agave Margarita Mixer
- At least 4 ounces (½ cup) of tequila
To prepare this margarita pitcher recipe with agave nectar, simply pour all of the contents of the Agave Margarita Mixer into a pitcher. Measure at least four ounces (½ cup) of tequila and add directly to the pitcher. Rim your serving glasses with salt, sugar, or chili spice and pour over ice. Next thing to do is enjoy!
Even if you don’t want to combine the margaritas at once, you can still craft a quick and delicious cocktail for your friends with our Agave Margarita Mixer. Get yours today or check out our other tasty mixers before the next night-in with friends.