Spicy cocktails can be an acquired taste, but those who love them live by them. With the right balance of heat, you can appreciate the spicy sensation that comes with sipping something spectacular.
But craving a spicy drink doesn’t have to turn into a night out on the town. You can learn how to make a spicy margarita or similar cocktail right in the comfort of your own home.
Here are some tips for perfecting your own concoction, followed by some of our favorite spicy cocktail recipes:
Tips for Making the Perfect Spicy Alcoholic Drink
Do you want to put together a spicy cocktail that turns heads? Consider these tips while you master the art of a blazing beverage:
- Don’t let it get too spicy!Personal preference will play a major role in how much heat you add to the alcohol, but make sure you make it palatable.
- Play around with different spices.You can use everything from jalapenos and habaneros, to hot sauces and dry spices in your spicy cocktails.
- Start with something simple.If you’re worried about going overboard with the heat, start simple. Rim your cocktail glass with a mixture of spices instead of adding them directly to the drink. This can give you that element of heat without committing to a fully fire-inspired cocktail.
A Habanero Martini
A simple recipe, thisspicy martini takes a fiery twist on the classic cocktail.
- 2 ounces reposado tequila
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 1 habanero pepper
First, pour tequila and vermouth into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake well.
Strain the contents into a chilled martini glass, then garnish with a habanero pepper. Enjoy!
A distant cousin to the Bloody Mary, Bloody Maria’s takes all of the robust flavors and spices of the well-known tomato drink and uses tequila to take things up a notch. Here’s adelicious recipeto consider if you want to take the Bloody Maria for a spin:
- 2 ounces tequila
- 4 ounces tomato juice
- 1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tablespoon prepared horseradish, to taste
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- 1 pinch celery salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Garnish: Lime wedge, lemon wedge, pickle, jalapeno slices, sweet pepper slices, queso fresco
Fill a cocktail shaker with tequila, tomato juice, lemon juice, horseradish, hot pepper sauce, hot sauce, celery salt and pepper. Shake well.
Then, strain mixture over a glass filled with ice. Add garnishes to the rim of the glass and enjoy!
Spicy Pineapple Margarita
Are you looking for a simple way to balance the sweetness and heat of a complex cocktail? If you want to add a little spice to your life but don’t want to worry about a bunch of ingredients, we can help.
OurSpicy Pineapple mixer makes it simple and seamless to craft a sweet margarita with a little bit of heat.
- Flighty Premium Mixers Spicy Pineapple Cocktail Mix
- 1-2 ounces tequila
First, open the bottle of the cocktail mixer and pour in your tequila.
Then, close the cap and shake up the bottle.
Pour over ice, or sip it right out of the bottle.
See? It’s that easy to make a delicious spicy cocktail. You don’t need a bunch of fancy bar tools and ingredients to create a spicy drink that lives up to bar quality standards. We want you to make the most out of your at-home drinking experience without the mess and the fuss. With any of our organic mixers, you can create a drink that turns heads and makes you look like the master mixologist.Make our favoriteSpicy Pineapple Margarita or browse any of ourtasty cocktail mixers to find the perfect option for your flavor palate.